Hi all. Merry Christmas a day early. As the title states, I'm looking for the location of the 100A fuse on my uncle's Bobcat 763 F series skid loader. He was running it one day and shut it down, and now there's no power to anything when you turn the key. I've already put in a known good battery, checked all the fuses located under coolant overflow bottle, and checked the battery connections, which both ohm'd out good. I was thinking it may be a faulty key switch, and when I pulled panel with it out, I saw a wire with some pretty bad corrosion, but haven't identified it properly because I don't have a wiring schematic for this series of Bobcat. I did try to ohm out the key switch, and the readings didn't seem right in my opinion, but w/o the schematic I'm only guessing on that. I did verify I don't have power at the key switch, which is what is leading me to the 100A fuse. This machine is filthy(used on a dairy farm) and not well maintained, so the problem could be anywhere, but I figure I'd start with the obvious stuff first. Thanks in advance for the help.
What's the machine serial number
i dont think you'll find a 100A fuse on an F series machine they didnt appear until the G series
Serial# is 5122380072. I'm hoping to get a chance to look at it this week again since I'm off, but we'll see. I assumed all the 763s had a 100A fuse, but I'm basing that off of the schematic for my father's 763G. I did see in a search I did on here that the glow plug harness could be an area of concern and could lead to this issue. Any validity to that, or is that something that would only affect the later series?
F and G series machines are a completely different animal as far as the electrical system. if you suspect the problem is in the glow plug circuit, pull the fuse and/or unplug the glow plug relay
Indeed they are, like the difference between night and day. Like crewchief stated, no 100 amp fuse on those machines. All machine power supply wires connect to the battery terminal post on the starter. Probe those wires close to where the ring terminals are crimped to the wires. I worked on a 763F once that was dead, after probing the power supply wires at the starter I found one that was dead, bad connection at ring terminal crimp. Crimped a new ring terminal on the wire and it was back to life.