So I have a 2013 bobcat E32 that seems to bounce quite a bit when moving forward consistently. It has not been like this before. I checked rollers and sprockets and haven’t really found anything. Has anyone ever had this issue before? Any help would be great. Final drive issue maybe??? Hydraulic fluid issue???
Drain the oil from your finals and check for metal. I have replaced several on bobcat excavators.
Good day I assume you mean that the machine surges's is it the case that it does this in both forwards and revers? Kind regards Uffex
yes it surges/bucks when traveling at forward or reverse not at full speed if that makes any sense. All fluids were changed 250 hours ago.
ok I will check for metal in them. I’m hoping that is not the case. Thank you
Good day As the machine surges is there any variation in engine speed or load? - if you dead end the bucket cylinder during travel is the surging diminishing ? KR Uffex
There is no variation in engine speed or load.
Good day UN Do you have a hydraulic schematic for your machine ? KR Uffex
Unfortunately I do not....
Good day UN It could be an issue wuth the LS signal but that is guessing on my part, better to make a test according to the Bobcat instructions - if you can post the tag on the hydraulic pump maybe can help some more. KR Uffex
Ok so I raise the machine to get one track off the ground to make it turn. One side turns very smooth. Now the other side (which is the side in question) turns rough. The track is bouncing. I checked the top roller and it seems to be good. When I checked the gear oil in the final drive two days ago it had a burnt smell to it. Does it seem like im heading the right direction with this? My next thing to do is drain the oil and see if there are metal shavings. thanks Joey
Can you stick a magnet in the drive with the burnt smell and get chunks. I’ve also seen brakes fell in the drive motors and dump brake release pressure. When this happens it will cause the opposite side to drag. Of course you would have noticed it being hard to move in the first place