Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat E35 Left Track Won’t Move

2aFarmer · 2022-06-12 14:32

Hi y’all, I rented a Bobcat E35 for some light trenching around my property and the left track stopped moving all of a sudden. Im not familiar with the parts of tracked machines so I’m not even sure what to look for to fix the problem. I would call the rental place but they are closed on Sunday. I’m supposed to return it tomorrow morning but I can’t even load it on the trailer. When I push the left drive stick forward or back I can hear something moving so I don’t think the motor is broken but any input is greatly appreciated. Btw the machine only has 370 hours...

Replies3
  1. #1Zewnten2022-06-12 19:38

    Check track tension and the drive sprocket is lined up with the drive bars of the tracks. Sounds like you popped off the track

  2. #2uffex2022-06-13 04:24

    Good day Cablle or rod operated spools are prone to obstruction check the mechanism is free and you are getting full spool movement. Kind regards Uffex

  3. #3Mobilewrench2022-06-13 22:59

    Probably isn't it. But I had an e35 sheer off the bolts for the drive motor last year. The bolt heads stayed in place and all of the symptoms are the same.