Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Where to buy body panels and access covers for Cat 304c?

Howey Matt · 2022-06-10 08:35

I picked up a used 2004 Cat 304c and it's missing both of the radiator access panels, and a few of the other panels are pretty busted. Some of the panels are fiberglass and they haven't held up well. Does anyone have a source for used or aftermarket panels/covers? The prices at the Cat dealer are insane. I've searched Google and didn't find anything on eBay. Thanks in advance!

Replies5
  1. #1Tyler d4c2022-06-10 09:57

    I've never found them aftermarket for the minis I've always found used or bought from cat. The 2 or 3 I've ever needed

  2. #2Nige2022-06-10 14:45

    It might pay you to get hold of a Parts Manual. Then you could search for what you want by Part Number in a resource such as Machinery Trader's used parts listings. It would probably throw up a few sources.

  3. #3Tyler d4c2022-06-10 15:12

    https://parts.cat.com/en/catcorp/PartLookup Online manual

  4. #4Howey Matt2022-06-10 15:43

    I have a parts manual and I know the part numbers. I just can't find them anywhere but the Cat dealer and they are pricey. I think they wanted something like $800-$900 for the small cover on top of the radiator. I'll keep an eye on Machinery Trader. Nothing there currently.

  5. #5Coaldust2022-06-10 16:03

    Did you check availability when checking price? Probably unavailable, chances are.