Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat e35 lost right swing

Tanner7 · 2021-05-28 22:29

Hi everyone. I have a 2015 e35 #AR1K12074 with 1900 hrs on it. I was moving dirt from the front of the machine to the back when swinging to the left suddenly realized I lost any control to the right. I have no oil leaks. I’ve tried switching the left and right lines on the joystick and still will only go left. I’ve tried switching the lines at the swing gear. I’ve switched the relief valves with each other on the swing gear. I disassembled the same relief valves and all seems to be moving freely. I’ve taken the spool out with the swing valve in the valve bank with it in the machine and it looks like new. I’m lost as to where to go now. I’ve been looking through the schematics online and have come across a swing counterbalance valve but cannot seem to locate it on the machine. Any advice is appreciated. Thank you.

Replies1
  1. #1Vetech632021-05-29 08:10

    Sounds like it could be a pilot control oil problem. There should be a line on each end of the swing control main spool. A gauge in those lines would tell you if you have pilot control pressure for both directions. I would start there for sure.....I would say the pressure with the joystick engaged should be around 300-400 psi on average.