Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

John Deere 80c joysticks adjustments.

Paul the plumber ยท 2021-05-29 02:17

Hello All, I have been a lurker here for a few years now. I am a plumber as my name will say. I have purchased a 06 JD 80c I had a 50 50 chance at the controls being what I learned to dig with....you guessed it it was the opposite than I am used to I was told that on this machine the hoses would need to change. I thought never mind and after 2 plus hours of digging in an open stump field (nothing close to smash up)I am getting used to the new control pattern. Plus I didn't have to mess with the hose. I am not quite to the proficiency of my old way but and getting close. The controls on it is the right stick does the upper stick and rolls the bucket....not sure which is which Cat or JD. This being said....my question here is is there an adjustment on this machine to move the joysticks? They are touching my legs when I move them causing to issues. Not allowing me to move them as far as I want to get the full swing or whatnot. And I bugs me they are always touching my legs. Also I have been running rentals for many years and I am used to putting my elbows on the arm rest and moving the joysticks on them only slightly in all directions to may the machines work. On these I only practically move my fingers to do the work(which is nice) rather than kind of move my whole arm to do the same thing on this machine. Is there also a way to make the joysticks have a shorter throw so to speak to allow less movement? Thank muchly for the help.....Paul the Plumber

Replies6
  1. #1mg23612021-05-29 05:52

    Welcome to HEF Paul ! Not really. The only adjustment to them is the amount of slop before they hit the little spools under the boot. How much slop do you have there? Also if they are hitting your legs maybe the seat is adjusted up too high. Maybe the weight dial (in front of the seat) needs to be adjusted.

  2. #2Paul the plumber2021-05-31 01:16

    Thanks for the reply....ran it today in the rain till I lost a track (rubber ones). I am seeing a lot of slop for sure. I would say that if I adjust the slop it would be a much better digging machine. Is there a how to on adjusting the slop. I am still struggling with the john deere pattern abit. Can't get over the big boom on the right side. Yes I would say that the seat also could be a part of the joystick heights. Thanks again.

  3. #3mg23612021-05-31 05:58
  4. #4Paul the plumber2021-06-02 00:06

    Thanks so much...cant wait to give this a shot. I am sure they are way off from 8 thousands. Keep the Faith....Paul the Plumber

  5. #5Paul the plumber2021-06-23 23:29

    Thanks for your help and answers...Havent gotten to the adjustment yet. Hope to soon. I was reading that these units could come thru with as they say as an option a quick change control switch. If so where would it be? I have been digging with it as is but my brain every so often goes back to the way I learned. May want to flip the controls. If it is easy. Thanks for your help.......paul

  6. #6mg23612021-06-24 04:59