Looking at getting a bobcat E80 or E60. Leaning toward the bigger E80 but there is not a lot of information on these machines. I know they are just rebranded doosan DX80 machines but I dont know how they stack up against the other machines in this class. The thing is that I have a really good bobcat dealer that i like to work with, so if the E80 is a decent machine then I 'd like to just go with who I know. Any input on these machines? Thanks...
We have a E80 on rent for just about a year now, its gets my money for an additional 12 months on rent. Zero issues with the machine. We also purchased a E50 at the same time , also zero issues. I cleared over 8 acres of overgrown Christmas (40 plus feet) tree's in a little over 2 days with the E80 just this past weekend. It is a nice machine. The weather was boiling hot and I ran the A/C at max, no over heating, and the Big BOBCAT never missed a beat. Our local dealer is very good to us and thats worth its wait in gold in my opinion. I am sure you would not be disappointted in any way with either the E60 or the E80. I suggest a decent demo prior to purchase on any machine. My .02....Hope it helps. Farmer
I'd love to try one out side by side with a Cat 308D pafarmer: does the E50 seem a lot quicker than the E80?
The E50 does have a very fast cycle time ..........I normally run it at 1/2 to 3/4 throttle max....I really like the E50....I feels its the best machine in its weigh class...I tried them all prior to purchasing it ... Great machine....Production did good up since we purchased it...
I ran am E80 brand new a couple years ago and it felt like it needed more power. we have a 308c and it digs alot harder and can lift alot more with 5000+ hours on it. the only thing i question is the E80 was from sunbelt and heard the turn there equipment down so that would explain the lack of power
ya because on a spec sheet the E80 can lift more than a 308 I seem to remember? We have some rental companies up here that turn everything way way down
If you're thinking about the E60, compare the performance specs and the working range to the E50.
or an e55
No at E 80 Purchased a new bobcat E80 about 2 years ago. It has a long arm and 800mm steel tracks. I use it a lot on soft and difficult ground. The machine has been extremely reliable and never misses a beat. The hydraulics are quick and smooth. The machine is well balanced even though it is a zero tail swing. I was running a CAT 803 last week on another contract and can say that the Bobcat is equally as good. In fact I would prefer the bobcat. The CAT had 1000 mm wide tracks and was less stable when digging in hard ground which very much surprised me. The CAT has only one ram on the blade and is narrower between the mounting arms which allows for the wider tracks. The bobcat is a Doosan DX 80 in a dinner jacket. I had a Daewoo 75 before which was equally reliable. Have no hesitation in buying a bobcat now e85 you won't be disappointed.
A good dealer makes all the difference Tony