Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat E80 Excavator – engine water pump

watglen ยท 2015-11-20 20:10

Hey guys, The water pump drive shaft has a nasty loud squeal. It began this spring. We quieted it by spraying WD40 in behind the drive pulley. Worked since spring. I was thinking before the water pump failed in the field I could swap it out this winter. Bobcat quoted me $1000 for a new one. That seems like a mistake to me. Anyone have any experience pricing a water pump? Ken

Replies3
  1. #1lantraxco2015-11-20 22:42

    This may be what you're looking for: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Yanmar-4TNV9...t-Water-Pump-129907-42000-42001-/161778459256 Apparently it's also common to Hyundai and Doosan, others.

  2. #2watglen2015-11-21 08:31

    Lantraxco, care to elaborate? When you say its common, do you mean the squealing or the part. I imagine that's the part. Haven't really dug into it. It is a doosan engine, that I know. Thanks for the link. Ken

  3. #3lantraxco2015-11-21 14:23

    Common as in they all use the same engine. This is Yanmar, so if yours has a an actual Doosan it may be newer and different. Model and serial off the engine or the water pump part number from your dealer will be helpful. Cheers, Lanway