Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat E85 hydraulic operations jerky

Ronald Gaspard · 2025-06-15 17:34

I have a Bobcat E85 excavator that has the hydraulic that is very jerky when using any part of the operations with the hand controls. This has been jerky for a while, I had a hose the started a good while back. I repaired the leak and really didn't pay attention if it started being jerky. I guess I just recently noticed it. Any assistant would be greatly appreciated

Replies6
  1. #1fortworth-cowboy2025-06-15 17:58

    Did you bleed all the air out of the hydraulic system after the repair?

  2. #2Ronald Gaspard2025-06-15 19:55

    I did not I will start w that thanks

  3. #3fortworth-cowboy2025-06-15 21:30

    Do you know how?

  4. #4Ronald Gaspard2025-06-16 10:57

    Not really I was going to research the best location to bleed off to clear the lines of air in the system. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

  5. #5fortworth-cowboy2025-06-16 18:09

    On your hydraulic cooler is a coupler mounted, you hook a hydraulic hose up to it and route the other end into the hydraulic tank. Then you work every functions several times and hold them also over relief. Make sure your hydraulic level is in the proper level.

  6. #6jflaherty44882025-06-28 15:44

    Hello - if bleeding the system does not dial this in fot you and assuming your pilot controls have spools under the joysticks, something to consider might be a custom spring mod I developed for my imported 1.8t machine. The smaller imported pilot control machines are notorioud for being very hard to control because the springs in the factory spools are too weak. You get what you pay for. The springs slip on easily over the spools and typically take about 10-20 minutes to install. I recently sold a kit to a customer in Louisiana with a large Tigercat 724G Feller Buncher to help him tune his steering control. He loved it. www.SpringPilot.com . I posted about the mod out on TractorByNet. I have a Facebook Group and Page too. Let me know questions, if any.