Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat E85 no crank-no start

RandyScharff · 2026-03-26 15:59

I'm working on a Bobcat E85 sn#B34T12606. Has a no crank-no start, no codes. Can jump starter and get it to crank but won't call for fuel so it won't start. Bought and installed new ECU with no change. Anyone have a wiring schematic or ideas? TIA.

Replies3
  1. #1Simon C2026-03-26 22:24

    Better shut down the parts cannon and start the multimeter up, unless your having excess funds. Need to check all the fuses, breakers, cables on positive side, all cables on negative side, need to check all the relays and check the battery for capacity to handle load. Have any other repairs been done that we don't know about. You changed a computer because it was proven faulty or because it was an easy try. We are not there, so can only ask questions. It could have enough power to crank but not enough to crank and energize other components at the same time. How far down does battery drop while cranking. Have fuel filters been changed, Is there a lot of fuel at filter with line disconnected. Is there any smoke out the exhaust or none at all. Simon C

  2. #2RandyScharff2026-03-27 08:52

    I changed out the computer at the customers request. Had a racoon in it 2 years ago and did a number on some wiring but that was repaired and has worked fine since those repairs were made. Machine was running fine when parked but after sitting a couple of days it won't crank. Machine is in a bad spot with boom extended and push blade down so moving it is next to impossible without starting it. Appeared to crank fine when jumping starter but I did not check for voltage drop. I need to get back out to machine and check relays, Fuses are good and I've swapped relays around but not individually checked them.

  3. #3HarleyHappy2026-03-27 10:09

    If it won’t even crank, that should rule out safeties. I would probably run a hot wire to the fuel solenoid, if possible and jump it to get it in a better working position.