Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat error codes 05-21 & 04-21

CJLennon ยท 2010-01-14 10:37

Hey Folks, As always, thank you for taking the time to read my plea for help. I have a 2001 Bobcat 753 (G series) that is giving me two error codes: 05-21 and 04-21. I have changed both the oil and hydraulic sensors which I believe control these two codes and no luck. I have also swapped out the Icon panel in the upper right corner of the cab but no luck. Still have the codes and the lights. Any one out there have any ideas? I'm stuck and so is my Bobcat. As always, thanks to everyone! Chris Lennon

Replies10
  1. #1melfarm2011-01-17 22:06

    Error code 05-21 I have the same codes on my 753, 05-21. When machine is started the bucket won't move at all. I can't get it to go up, down or tilt. If someone has an answer to this I would also appreciate it. Thanks

  2. #2hougie2011-01-25 20:44

    I'm not sure if this will be helpful but if you still have your owners manual, the ones i have all have codes listed in back of them, give you a place to start.

  3. #3Vincent 12012-12-08 21:47

    Hi Chris i have a Bobcat s185 with same error codes 04-21 & 05-21 with no drive or lift etc I am new here and from Downunder in Oz and am hoping you resolved you problems with your bobcat and could point me in the right direction Thankyou Vincent.

  4. #4tbean5272013-06-02 11:48

    hello im desperately trying to find and answer to this exact post and am wondering if anyone has a solution or even a good starting point? thanks so much

  5. #5Construct'O2013-06-03 19:30

    Try reading this http://cdn-4.psndealer.com/e2/dealersite/images/bigvalleytractor/AllServiceCodes.pdf

  6. #6tbean5272013-06-05 22:42

    thanks for the code list i have the manual i know they are engine oil and hydro oil shutdown codes and i cant figure out what the hell is wrong but im throwing in the towel and calling bobcat out this week so when i find out what was wrong ill let you all know thanks

  7. #7crewchief8882013-06-18 17:59

    this is probably your best option. those senders, along with several others are on the same 8v curcuit. any, all, or none of them could be the problem. you could have a broken/shorted wire or sender, seat bar switch, RH handle assembly, or a bad 8v power supply in the main controller. :drinkup

  8. #8tbean5272013-06-18 20:09

    well bobcat came out for a few hours taped up some wires and said i was good to go....not so much ran for a day and started locking up again....so they came out again today and have come to the conclusion its the main controller so im im trying to tack down a used one since a new one is over a grand but not having much luck but hopefully this will help sombody

  9. #9bcat773t2014-02-14 23:30

    I've had that same issue, bobcat had to replace some control module. They said it went bad because it got wet.

  10. #10tbean5272014-02-15 08:59

    never did find a used one but put a new main controller in and have been trouble free ever since...i pulled that old controller apart and it was dipped in a clear apoxy like substance im assuming for moisture and vibration protection but i guess it doesn't work that well lol