Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat FastTrack system

JPSouth ยท 2020-06-16 11:23

Looking at older Bobcat 442 hoes, I see a few references to the FastTrack system on some of their excavators circa early 2000s. From what little I can find, it appears very similar to the drive system used on skid steers, they dedicate a variable displacement pump to each of the drive motors, keeping them separate from the work group. Supposedly smoother operation, no interference when moving in combination with work functions Any opinions, any quirks for maintenance or operation? On the surface, it seems like a pretty good idea. Looking at scattered videos, it appears like the 442s and 430s have a crazy fast high range speed, which I would think wouldn't be a good idea unless maybe you were running rubber tracks. Without physically being there, is there a good way to tell if a machine is equipped with this system? Generally you get a pic of the engine compartment, maybe the hydraulic area. Gotta be two more pumps than usual somewhere.

Replies0

No replies yet.