Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat Field Test

CEwriter ยท 2009-10-16 12:34

Construction Equipment tested Bobcat's S630 skid steer this week in Fargo. Some surprising results for the cab-forward unit that resurrects the wheelbase and and size of the long-discontinued 873. Results are coming, but you might enjoy some behind-the-scenes photos -- a skid-steer-heavy museum, some journalistic silliness, and a wayward moose -- here http://www.facebook.com/profile.php...ile#/album.php?aid=125032&id=698771886&ref=**

Replies2
  1. #1stuvecorp2009-10-16 12:53

    That is wild, I've heard about that 8 wheeled machine but never saw it. That might be a story in it's self.

  2. #2Tigerotor77W2009-10-17 02:15

    Are you referring to the 863's wheelbase? The S630 has a 45" wheelbase, I believe; the 873 and all subsequent vertical lift machines are 48.x". This should be interesting, however -- I look forward to the results! (And maybe other SSL manufacturers should consider performance updates in their future generations as well...) Will these results be in October or November's issue of CE?