Hi, I seem to have the common Bobcat fuel delivery problem on my 1989 Bobcat 843 Isuzu. The engine does not have power especially when going uphill. Does anybody know the dimensions (inner/outer diameter) of the fuel hoses. The Bobcat 843 Parts Manual lists two types: Part number 6577821 Part number 6577822 The same hoses are used in the following Bobcat models: 743/853 Thxs
Welcome to HEF Bobcat843 :drinkup Are you asking about the hoses inside the tank, or the hoses that go from tank to engine?
My Bobcat does not have any power, or put in other words on full throttle the rpm does not go up, and when going uphill it allmost stalls and is almost impossible to move. So I decided to do a full rebuilt on the fuel supply system, as some people have pointed out that the hoses deteriorate and I don't have time to change things like fuel filter, primer pump, screen iteratively. @Willie59: You are right the hose(s) inside the tank (Part number 6564193) seem to be another story. The hoses next to the shut off valve (Part number 6577821) seem to be different from the hoses connected to the fuel filter (Part number 6577822). My plan is to change all fuel related hoses, just to make sure there is no obstruction/debris in theses hoses. So any hint is welcome!
if i recall, the external supply and return lines are different sizes. the return hoses are smaller, probably 1/4" the supply hoses are probably 5/16" :drinkup
I'm thinking you're right crewchief, the supply hose is 5/16". I recall because the primer bulb is 1/4" barbs, fits a bit loose, have to tighten the clamps good on that connection. Yes Bobcat843, the hoses inside the tank are not your standard rubber hose or vinyl tubing, it's a material that's more fuel resistant than vinyl.