Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Is anyone familiar with Loegering track markings?

3X8 ยท 2014-07-10 18:01

Long story short I have a set of Loegering tracks (came with my skid steer) that are stamped "FD" Does anyone know if that tells me if they are for 10" or 12" tires? Thanks.

Replies11
  1. #1lantraxco2014-07-10 19:27

    I am guessing the "FD" simply stands for F series tracks with "Durapins". The F series comes in sizes to fit: 10.00, 12.00, 14.00 or 15.50 tires. This should help: http://www.loegering.com/data/upfiles/FSeriesParts.pdf

  2. #23X82014-07-10 22:55

    That does help, thanks!

  3. #3lantraxco2014-07-10 23:09

    :drinkup

  4. #43X82014-07-11 08:47

    I searched their site but wasn't smart enough to look in the parts :Banghead lol

  5. #5lantraxco2014-07-11 14:56

    Well, I would rather be lucky than good any day, LOL. Cheers!

  6. #63X82014-07-13 10:16

    Made it back there and measured them, just as I thought they are for 12" tires and I have 10". What a shame, they are almost new. No wear on the durapins at all, look like they might have been installed on something one time. :-/

  7. #7KSSS2014-07-13 11:13

    I don't know what your putting these on, but sometimes the machines that come with 10" will also accept 12". Personally I have found except when narrow width is the only desired result, 12's do everything better.

  8. #83X82014-07-13 13:09

    I have a NH LX565 and it has 10X16.5 tires. Are you saying I should put them on and try it? I'm not real worried about the width, I was kind of worried about contact. I have wheel spacers on it. Thanks.

  9. #9lantraxco2014-07-13 14:19

    Contact is the issue, as long as you have clearance so they don't hit the machine anywhere they'll probably work fine.

  10. #10KSSS2014-07-13 16:32

    12's may fit on that machine. It would be simple enough to pull a set of 12's off another NH and see if they will fit. Also be aware that sometime you can just flip the rim to change the offset. My CASE 465 is like that. I run one way for a 73" width, flip the rims and I can run tracks without spacers. So if the NH 12" rim and tire does not fit, try flipping it to achieve a different offset (this is dependent on rim design of course).

  11. #113X82014-07-13 17:13

    OIC, you are saying try 12" tires. Not that easy for me, I live in the sticks I don't even remember seeing another NH. Couple Bobcats but that's about it. I did put them around the tires and to me even with the spacers it looked like they would contact the machine. Thanks to both of you.