I have a 2001 bobcat 773 500k. I recently had the common problem of the pick up tube breaking. Bought new tube and screen changed fuel filter. Blead all lines but noticed a lose of power and the sound of being down a cylinder. Full throttle rpm is only 2,400 and when I try to use the machine it wants to die down. Tried cracking injection pump lines for any possible air. Noticed all lines had fuel but the fourth line closest to right side of machine. Is their any reason for this maybe a bad fuel pump or injection pump. I would think it is the result of the broken pickup line. Please help
Check the lift pump.. it might have caught a piece of the broken tube..
I'll double check the lift pump tonight. I'm going to order all new fuel line. What are your thoughts on Installing a electric low pressure fuel pump?
couldn't hurt.. How low are u talking?? 1-3psi or 4-10?? Those lift pumps that are on the machine get clogged/break ALL THE TIME.. & are a real weak spot in the system. Hell, they're only 25.00 to replace..{ebay} The inj.pump needs about 8psi to run properly.. {if your running the small Kubota engine.}
Whatever you do.. DO NOT loosen the top nut on the injection pump.!!! Bleed any trapped air AT THE INJECTORS..
Found a electric pump rated for 5to9psi. The engine is a 56hp kubota. I thought the manual pumps only put out about 2.5 psi? Also I have already checked the outlets on top of injection pump what should I look out for?
That 5-9psi should get u going.. What do u mean "checked the outlets"?? You loosened them up/ took them off to have a look?? Most of those inj. pump have a "cross bar" that keeps the "top nuts" from loosening up.. Did u take the bar off & loosen the tops up??
Yes I removed the bar and took the one off to check for debris. Checked spring etc. Is there a certain spec for adjustment on each?
IF your lucky.. you didn't mess it up.. .. just retorque it to 30- 35 ftlbs & hope to hell it doesn't skip..
Lets hope I didn't just learn a valuable lesson. But it was already skipping the 4th injector that is the reason I pulled it to make sure it wasn't cloged. I will take care of the fuel pump, fuel line and check the top nut on injection pump and report back by the end of the week. Thank you for the info
Update. Ok so you probably thought I left the thread but just got busy. I installed new electric fuel pump. I was also able to play with the fuel line on top of injection pump to get it to start pushing fuel ( wasn't pushing any fuel before it was dry) The skid steer seems to run a lot smoother and seems to have plenty of power with little die down under a load. With that said I can't remember my max RPM when at full throttle. So I was wondering what that should be?Right now I'm a steady 2500rpm full throttle.
I cant say for sure.. unless its written on the valve cover.. its prob. in the manual, which I don't have.
@thepumpguysc ..... how important is it to get the injection pump from one of these Kabota engine's recalibrated on the bench after that hold down nut has been loose and a miss or over fueling is observed? Can u just wing it to make it run? Or dose that spell disaster?
50% of the time if u TORQUE the nut back down, it'll be ok.. 30-35FTlbs. The other 50% has to be looked at by a professional. SEE POST #5