Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat hauling

Bvill01 ยท 2012-05-11 18:41

I have seen a lot of skid steers hualed around on gooses neck trailers and loaded and the bucket is loaded facing the front of the goose neck witch is the best way to load a bobcat ? I load rear first bucket to the back

Replies8
  1. #1Willis Bushogin2012-05-11 19:03

    I load, backing up, its easier backing up the ramps, plus I dont like backing down the ramps. I usually spin around on the top of the trailer, if I need the bucket to point forward, just do it careful. When I had the tilt top, I drove it on and when I unloaded, I turned it around and drove it off. If I have attachments, I load them on the front of the trailer, before I load the Bobcat on the trailer Good Luck

  2. #2CM19952012-05-11 19:17

    I load my skids with bucket facing forward but that's just my personal preference.

  3. #3CRAFT2012-05-12 00:13

    I also load bucket forward ..... it pi**'s me off when the odd time I have to load backing up the ramps ...... backing down is a piece of cake you always see the straight line of the trailer ahead of you and are able to see the centre and how far forward for balance of the load when loading ....jmho

  4. #4DGODGR2012-05-12 00:51

    I load back end forward. I does not bother me to back up, or down, the ramps. I face the machine to the rear because it saves wear and tear to the door glass.

  5. #5Bvill012012-05-12 12:18

    If u load forward u don't need to tape your muffler (tail pipe) ?

  6. #6rush2012-05-12 14:08

    this is how we load our bobcat sometimes.....

  7. #7DGODGR2012-05-12 23:31

    I don't tape my muffler. IMO that's more of an "old wives tail" than a real concern. The only way for air to pass through the turbo is if it has somewhere to go. Unless you have MUCH bigger problems, than worrying about the turbo spinning without pressurized oil on the bearings, the air can not pass through the turbo, and/or engine. Come to think of it, the only machine I have, that I load with the tail pipe to the rear, is my loader. All others are loaded with the pipe facing forward. I have experienced no issues as a result. My oldest machine has been around since 1997. It has over 12,000 hours on it and has always been loaded with the exhuast pipe facing forward. It has even made several trips between CA & CO (over 800 miles each way) without any problems.

  8. #8icestationzebra2012-05-15 00:39

    The air does have somewhere to go if one of the cylinders is stopped at the overlap point with both valves open. The compression ratio and friction of a particular engine come into play. Also the more cylinders you have the better that chance will be. When I worked for CaseIH I heard that it occasionally happened to the Magnum tractors. ISZ