Hello. I have a hb680 bobcat concrete hammer/breaker: I have had it for 5+years. Started out with 322 (1,6ton) little under sized for hammer. over the years upgraded now to e32 (3,7ton) with just under 17gpm this near top end range for hb680. Seem to work great. I think it's hitting hard and a lot faster than my old smaller machines. I would say it almost sounds like machine gun...read here on HEF that that might b bad thing...never done anything more than grease and replace occasional broken bit...talked to my dealer and they would simply drain and reload nitrogen for 1/2 hr shop till if I bring it in?? Will I just be wasting time and money?? I would prefer to test pressure and see if it is low maybe needs service?? Or its normal and e32 just really run it to top end and I should get bigger hammer??
if it's 5 years old, i'd bet the nitrogen charge is low, or non existant. have it checked by a dealer. :drinkup
Thxs. Will do. But my local dealer will simply release whatever is there and reload to spec pressure. They don't really check it? Found a private guy; who specializes in hammers (2hr drive away) thinking taking it to him?
99.9% of the breakers that come into our shop are dead, or have minimal pressure. dealers should have the guage to test them, as well as the equipment to recharge, and correct factory charge specifications i've seen a couple of "experts" around here, we eventually get every breaker that someone else has already "fixed". the choice is up to you. :drinkup
after pricing a regulator and a bottle of nitrogen (life time supply for a breaker) plus the rental on the bottle and consideringthe $1000 and time it took to find a acumulator i just took mine too the dealer, and thats a seven hour drive one way:Banghead but it was done right and worked.