Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Mini Excavator Wood Splitter

TCM ยท 2013-01-31 01:05

I seen one of these on the internet and I had to have one. I made quick coupler to go along with it. Just trying it out and it seems to work good. It may not be as fast as two guys with a conventional splitter however It beats handling the wood by hand!

Replies12
  1. #1robin yates uk2013-01-31 01:23

    nice one!:drinkup

  2. #2TCM2013-01-31 01:26

    That reminds me, I need a cup holder in that machine!

  3. #3JGS Parts2013-01-31 01:27

    I have seen guys use a hydraulic hammer with a wide chisel on it to split wood before not sure how well it worked it was on a 4.5ton excavator

  4. #4cdm1232013-02-06 15:02

    works great with a blunt point and frozen wood.

  5. #5AirBornOne2013-02-20 03:41

    Bravo TCM! I would like to see your coupler and hear about it's construction. I have an auger attachment I need to put to work as well as a plate compactor to modify and adapt to my little TB016.Then there's the 'ripper-saw' I could use more often with a QC setup. Keep up the good work.

  6. #6TCM2013-02-20 21:47

    Here is the coupler all tacked up and ready for final welding. One thing I did learn is how much metal moves when it's being welded! I'm by far no expert, just trying to save a few bucks. Draftsight is great for drawing parts to be cut out of plate metal. I need one pin turned down 1/4" and a hole and threads cut for a bolt to retain the link pin and the coupler is finished. I'm starting a tilt mechanism for a 42" bucket and drawing some ears for a couple of bucket blanks I got from USA attachments to fit this coupler. Stay tuned.

  7. #7Danny Steel2013-02-23 19:59

    good job....I built one for my skid Cheers

  8. #8glenlunberg2013-07-09 23:03

    Great job! I like your machine. It looks like a monster that will tear any kinds of wood into pieces!

  9. #9TCM2013-07-09 23:06

    It will save your back that's for sure. It's now painted orange to keep the rust away.

  10. #10Hagar162014-07-19 04:35

    What size of cylinder did u use for this setup

  11. #11TCM2014-07-19 17:55

    3"x 24"

  12. #12Hagar162014-07-19 18:24

    Could you give me your material list I like your setup Could you give me your material list I like your setup