The blower motor on my 2005 s250 is dead, I was never impressed with the volume it produced and am leery of ordering a replacement from BC to once again have barely adequate performance. The heater is made buy Mobile Climate control, does any one have experience with a high flow replacement motor?
Not really answering your question, but what condition was your evaporator and air tubing like? Skidsteer aircons have a hard life, and these are prone to blocking up and not letting airflow through, also filter condition if air can't get in, it can't go through.
Agreed, I've had to clean the evaporator on a number of Bobcat machines that suffer the same thing as so many dirt machines with a layer of mud on the evaporator or the heater core.
Cat evaporator from 242b, symptoms were poor airflow from blower motor
Ha, I'll match you with an evaporator on a Case CX210. :drinkup
Thanks for the reply's, every thing is clean and I change filters more often than required mostly because of the poor flow.
Then I'm not sure why you're having a problem cdm. Granted, every Bobcat machine I have experience with does not have a blower equivalent to riding a Harley at 60 mph with no helmet, but their air flow is sufficient to do the task if components are clean. :beatsme
Well the latest issue was a burning electrical smell and no air movement lol, but seriously I am in northern Manitoba and the ac can't keep up on a sunny day I can't Imagine Florida. The temp is ok but the air flow is so low that you have a small frozen area in front of the vent and have to open a window or pass out. Heat is similar great after an hour it's good but if you get in sweaty or damp it fogs up for the next half hour and you have to open the door or wipe all the windows down.
Maybe the blower was just dying a long slow death and a new stock blower will work fine?
that is my hope but if I can find a faster motor would be better as I can always turn it down.
As willie posted, I too don't know why you are having a problem ??? …… I'm in a similar climate to you as well and that one thing I can not complain about is the FAN ….. or the Heater …. BUT the Air-cond SUCKS and it has since brand new …. i'm starting to think it has to do with the temp control side of things, you can never seem to find the happy medium for temp, it always is a radical adjustment ……. but when it's -30*c it'll crank out heat and keep the windows clear, you do have to keep a side window cracked to allow the extra moisture out (that's no problem) you do have the snow that accumulates by your feet that turns to water/moisture and the heat from the chassis is what brings it up as there is no air stream down there …… I don't know what's up in your case, but sounds like something maybe going on electrically ???? ….. I do know that the 2 filters in/out side of the cab DO need cleaning often which restricts flow (and the cost of them is RETARDED …OEM item only) ….. but you say that's not the issue ????? ……….. Keep us posted ……… cheers
Is there a possibility the squirrel cage fans were fitted backwards from the beginning? This would make poor air flow.
I wondered this too, unfortunately the motor can't be tested but the new one certainly will be before it goes under the cab, hopefully tomorrow.
Also check the voltage going to the fan motor, should be alternative voltage going in. What I have done in the past is bypass the speed selection switch and run the power wire that goes to th switch directly to the fan motors power input. Motors I have seen, the more volts in the faster it spins. This is on a cat though, nit sure what setup your bobcat will have.
Willie ? …… do you mean fitted or wired backwards ??? ……… if wired I would do a pre-install check …..
Check out Bergstrom/Kysor or Red Dot. They make basically everything for all the industrial hvac oem's. Find some current part numbers on your existing parts and go Googling. Or go old school and hang a fan somewhere and calk up all the little holes in the cab. Personally I would check the voltages at the motor, dont forget to ohm the ground.
The "blades" are supposed to be "backwards" from what you would expect if it was a centrifugal water pump, so somebody could have reversed either the blower on the motor, or the motor hot for ground, thinking that was the way it was supposed to be.
I know how a squirrel cage fan works …. I was curious as what willie was referring to in respect to "fitted backwards" ….. all of the rotor blades are from the same stock (manufactured) for these …. and the fan will either suck or blow…... of coarse one way better than the other, but not reversed blades or "fitted backwards" within the cage …. LOL
Yeah it does, try staying cool with Bobcat A/C in my environment..:cool2 Although I have to admit it does keep you cool, even in 100 F temps but maybe I am used to it..
Sorry for the confusion, what I mean is, as you all know, a squirrel cage fan has to turn in the proper rotation direction for proper air flow, if it turns in the opposite direction the air flow is greatly reduced. On a Bobcat, they use two (right and left) squirrel cage fans with the motor in the center of the two, shaft going out both ends of motor. If some numb nuts at Bobcat fitted the right fan where the left goes and the left where the right goes you'd have reduced air flow. Just a thought.
So time for an update, first I found a jobber motor at a locale parts store, great I think. So get the cages on (tight sob's) and every thing spaced evenly etc. And decide to power it up and check for rubs squeaks etc. It's a dud power to each lead ground grounded nada no spark, hum, even tried spinning it buy hand. Take it back and find that there won't be any more for a week or so. So spend most of my day on the phone and computer between searching and explaining to customers why I won't be there any time soon, eureka I find one. open the box and the first thing I notice is the wires are very short. So of to the battery charger we go. It hums in all three speeds but no rotation. after spinning it a few times I get rotation in med speed only. call back and find It was off a damaged unit that was dropped or some thing and broke the blower. Dam if their trying to drive me to drink their trying way to hard, have another on its way purilator hasn't up dated tracking in a day and a half (nothing new there).:Banghead
So finally got a working motor it's in and working (on low it puts out as much as the old one ever did on high) not a bobcat original but made by and from the company that BC had making there HVAC.:drinkup