I bought an E42 about a year ago with the Hydraulic X-Change system, but the guy I bought it from put the wrong hoses on from the boom to the pin piston. It's almost rubbed a hole in the hoses. My machine serial is an AG+, but the diagrams I find show straight hoses which won't work on my machine. Anyone have a similar bobcat that would mind snapping a photo of the hydraulic x-change? Mine will have to have a 90 degree coming off the piston cylinder for the hose to be free from obstruction. Thanks
This is the set up on my e55 (3200hrs), not the greatest as there is wear on the hoses as they turn into the piston. My machine came this way when I purchased it. Hope this helps
I don't have pics of mine anymore since I took the X-change off, but ours had a sleeves over the hoses to protect against abrasion.
Here's the best company video showing the hoses really staying out of the way. Mine get pinched in the bucket pivot constantly. NepeanGC I did see a hose sleeve in the parts diagram, but I also found a bolt-on hose holder under the seat of my machine.
I have a 2019 E42 with the X-change, I can take pictures if you need them.
Sure would appreciate it. I talked with my local Bobcat guy and he didn't even know what the hydraulic X-Change was.
Good grief, your Bobcat guy hasn't been around very much. I'll snap some pictures today, I need to get the grease gun out anyway. We're in the Texas Hill Country - where are you located?
Yeah your hoses look strangely long. Our E42 doesn't look like that. That X-change system is pretty slick. Our machine has over 6000 hours on it and there is not a bit of play in the X-change, and never pinched one of those hoses.
Here's four pictures of the X-Change hoses on my E42, they are in a protective sleeve. Apparently older machines didn't have the sleeves.
I'm from the southeast. I think my issue is the hydraulic X-Change swivels are facing back toward the machine and not up like yours. They are number 16 in the parts diagram. Here's what mine look like: I think may have the same issue. The square portion of the the X-Change swivel should be facing up and not back toward the machine and that's why we are having excessive wear.
The hoses definitely have too sharp of a bend right after the crimp in the last pic.
It was an easy fix. I dropped the bucket and used a long punch and hammer to tap the swivels until the square parts that the hoses thread into were facing up. Now I just need to fix a plate over them so they don't swivel back down. I bought a piece of 4" flat bar I will cut to length and drill to make the plate. Thanks guys!
Are the swivels threaded or free to turn and some clamps were missing?
They turned freely. According to the parts diagram, they are actually bolted together and I can confirm that twisting one twisted the other. I used 4" flat bar and cut it to fit the grooved area inside (about 4.5" x 3.5"). Then I clamped it in place to drill the hole. It just catches the squared portions of the swivels to keep them from rotating down. I first rotated them up, then tried to manipulate the bucket and they rotated right back down so I think the plate is needed and may have been added later to prevent this from happening. I used rubber horse mat as a bumper. Bobcat sells all of these parts though. It's just a plate, rubber and a bolt so I figured it'd be easy enough to fabricate.
For anyone interested, here's the fix: Just a plate and bolt and everything is free from obstruction. I will be adding sleeves to these hoses later on.
Looks good!
I think I'd replace the hoses too since they are already damaged.