Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat joystick update kit # 7126558

Joe Strang ยท 2026-03-12 19:40

Hi. A customer has an A300 skid steer. Right joystick had an intermittent problem. He bought a new upgrade kit because old joysticks aren't available anymore. He brought skid steer and kit to me to install. Installed kit and now nothing works. Multiple codes. with the new harness "splice" # 7122284 plugged in joystick x and y wires do not connect to the AWS controller at pins J,K,L,and M like the old connector wires at #C449 and C450 do. These wire #s are 4510, 4520, 4530, 4540. The old wires still connect to J1 even with the jumper harness plugged in. I think the joystick wires are not hooked up in the correct place in the jumper harness. I don't know where they go, just that they are not going to the J1 connector at all. The other thing I noticed is the reference voltage at new plugs is 12v not 5v like at old joystick plugs. Is that right? Dealership service writer told me they have put in "thousands" of these with no problems at all. So, they won't help at all. I would appreciate any insight in to this. I think that there must be a TSB about this from Bobcat. I can't be the only one seeing this problem. Joystick #s are 6697904 and 6697905. One other thing is new joysticks have 4 wire connectors and old ones had 5 wires. The fifth wire on old ones went to C497 Mainframe harness according to wiring diagram. That fifth wire must control aux. hydraulics and all of the button functions. How do new joysticks do the button commands with just 4 wires? Codes are 12-22, 38-13, 38-32, 38-29, 39-04, 40-04. I didn't look for codes before I installed new kit. Thanks....Joe

Replies9
  1. #1Joe Strang2026-03-14 09:34

    This is an update to my help request. I called a different Bobcat dealer and the person there actually looked for a service bulletin and talked to his head mechanic. There is no service bulletin concerning this kit. I thought that the harness splice #7122184 was just not right for this machine. (A300, S/N 521111485) and that there was a different one for this machine. I did more wire tracing and the harness splice hooks into connector C492. Connector 492 comes from the control panel and goes to J4 White on the other AWS controller (left side of the machine) and J3 on the AWS controller (right side of the machine). With the splice plugged in the new joystick x axis and y axis wires are hooked to pins G and F on the J3 connector. The other thing wrong with this harness splice is both joystick x and y axis signal wires go to the same two pins. This kit is not the right one for this machine and the splice harness is assembled wrong too.

  2. #2ozarkag2026-03-14 14:22

    I feel for you. older Bobcat sjc or acs can and do have obsolete parts. One possi le resource is https://isoscell.com/

  3. #3Joe Strang2026-03-14 18:20

    Thanks I will call them on Monday and see if they have a joystick for this machine.

  4. #4JBrady2026-03-16 16:57

    With the joystick bases you have (6697904 and 6697905) you only have 12+, gnd, and CanHi, CanLow wires. The Can wires are common between the two bases and connect to J1, the mainframe harness and J5. Looking at their website, the pictures shows a different harness than what you posted:

  5. #5Joe Strang2026-03-23 16:26

    I have all of the same parts. The kit will not work on this machine. I guess the machine is too old for it to work. The owner took the machine to the dealer in hopes of getting his money back for the kit. I haven't talked to him again to find out what happened. Thanks for your help....Joe

  6. #6Cjmuttach12026-04-07 12:13

    Hello did you find the problem I have the same problem with an A220

  7. #7Joe Strang2026-04-07 17:22

    Hi. Yes there was a fix. The owner took it to the dealer and they reflashed the computer. This happened about two weeks after I had posted my problem. I thought the thread was gone, so I didn't put a fix on the thread. I don't know what the dealer charged him or how long it took them or anything else. Hope this helps you....Joe

  8. #8Cjmuttach12026-04-09 13:19

    Hi Joe, thanks for the update. Do you know if they had to take the whole machine to the dealer to get it reflashed, or is it possible to just bring the controller by itself? Thanks again for your help!"

  9. #9Joe Strang2026-04-09 14:21

    They took the whole machine. I don't know if it's necessary or not. I suspect it is. Good Luck!