Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat Keyless Pad Repair

Matt M ยท 2019-12-18 19:08

Has anyone had luck repairing the keyless membrane pad on these machines? My 2003 T200 has multiple dead numbers and i can no longer lock out the machine. I can buy a standard numerical membrane pad for like $4 on amazon. Wonder if anyone has attempted this or has any insight? Much better then the $900+ bobcat wants for a new panel.

Replies5
  1. #1CM19952019-12-18 20:05

    Welcome to the Forums Matt! Yeah Bobcat's legal extortion for a new keypad is one of the many reasons I had to divorce BC a few years ago..but that's a whole 'nuther story. I don't know of anyone that repairs them. However there is a place in North Carolina that repairs trench roller remotes, don't know if they work on BC keypads. Still have a T250 as a spare machine so I hope someone here on HEF knows of a repair facility.

  2. #2Matt M2019-12-18 23:12

    Im not afraid of tackling it myself. Just seeing if anyone has any tricks or experience before i reinvent the wheel. Couple of specific questions: 1. Anyone have a trick to removing the controller box from the back of the panel? Ive removed the screws and held the tabs back but it still feels very attached. I do not want to break it. 2. Ive been trying to figure out the trace pattern on the back of the membrane pad. Im not sure how the keypad will tie into the function buttons and start, run and stop buttons. Its challenging because there appears to be several layers of traces.

  3. #3Matt M2019-12-22 13:53

    I received my $9 keypad. Since i cant risk breaking my only means to start this machine ive gone ahead and ordered a key'd panel from my local bobcat dealer. After that i can be a bit more aggressive with this unit to see if i can make it functional again.

  4. #4DGODGR2020-01-01 18:09

    I believe the repair facility the CM is referring to is called Carolina Electrics. I would assume that they could be looked up on the 'net. If not I believe that i have their number somewhere. I know that you have stated that you have ordered a replacement already but it would still be good to know if you could get one repaired in the future.

  5. #5JBrady2020-01-06 15:54

    They must be repairable because when I upgraded my S250, I had the option to buy a new one or a remanufactured one.