Recently picked up a 2022 e42 and after running it for about 15 hours, I noticed a steady leak coming from what looks like one of the hoses that connects to the control valve. Can someone point me in the right direction on how to fix this? Is it as simple as tightening the hoses? Any help would be greatly appreciated as this is my first piece of heavy equipment for my business and now she's down. I attached a couple of photos. This angle is from the bottom of the hydraulic control. Also, here is a link to a video showing the active leak: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Ze-19qGp8Tjp_Y-IB3xfHxkQkEvbBoQC/view?usp=sharing
That is an odd-looking fitting connection. Can you get a closer, better pic?
@Vetech63 @HarleyHappy here is a picture from a slight distance. Also, here is another video showing the leak in real time. If its not a loose hose, the other likely culprit could be an O ring on one or two of the section valves. I'm just really surprised, because the machine only has 250 hours on it. Attached is the diagram from bobcat for the control valve assembly. video: https://drive.google.com/file/d/16vX9BQVcOw1PvTtjY5ZKni7n9ada8eum/view?usp=sharing
250 hours? Is the machine on warranty?
Not for nothing but showing it dripping, just means it’s leaking. It could be between the valve sections and I know it’s going to suck. You need to get up there with a good GD light, an air hose, with a spray nozzle and some Brake Kleen. Or some dye in the tank and a UV light and for this leak, it may be necessary. Put some overalls on and when it’s off, spray any likely are off with Brake Kleen, let it dry, spray some more. Then put earplugs in and safety glasses and get up there with the light and find the leak. I have a dye kit and have only used it once but it paid for itself the first time. I will say, I don’t recognize those fittings. Are they a flat face quick coupler? I might have to look up, if Bobcat has their own fittings because if they do, I have none in my drawers. Chances are, it’s just a bad crimp fitting on a hose. Good luck.
Sometimes chasing hydraulic leaks can be a bitch when access to the area is poor. Like said above, brake clean the crap out of that valve and find exactly where the leak is. At 250 hours, I wouldn't think it would be the control valve seals. Those odd fittings though, I don't believe I have ever seen that specific type before. Almost looks like a push-loc type............if so, that was a bad Bobcat idea.
@Welder Dave unfortunately, no it is not under warranty. @Vetech63 @HarleyHappy thanks for the advice. I'll do some more digging and hopefully find the source of the leak.