Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT GC320 E1379-2 Mechanic fault

OperatorMurat77 · 2025-03-14 14:14

Hello everyone, today I want to tell you about a problem I have with my CAT GC320 2018 model excavator. Today, while working normally like every day, I suddenly encountered a fault warning on the operator screen. First, I encountered the "E1379-2" fault code and then my excavator gave the "E875-1" fault code and then the electricity went out completely and now I can't move my excavator at all. The arm and bucket are stuck in the air. It doesn't move at all. Also, the batteries were changed recently. What do you think could be the cause of the fault? What is the solution? I would be very happy if you could help me, friends. God bless you, love..

Replies6
  1. #1Vetech632025-03-14 14:27

    Will the machine start?....or is it COMPLETELY dead?

  2. #2OperatorMurat772025-03-14 14:58

    It works occasionally, but it's very difficult and I'm experiencing a power outage, I have friends who say it's caused by a charging dynamo

  3. #3Vetech632025-03-14 15:02

    First thing I would check is the charge voltage of the batteries and the connections. I would then perform a battery load test. This is just to eliminate simple things that can cause voltage issues.

  4. #4OperatorMurat772025-03-14 15:08

    I just bought the batteries, it's only been a month since I bought it and my machine fails, it gives all the malfunctions, I wonder if we need to measure because the batteries are new, it is very difficult to work with the bucket, it protects itself and locks it doesn't work at all, it doesn't work occasionally

  5. #5Nige2025-03-14 15:54

    Do you have a multimeter to measure voltage.? If you can start the engine measure the output voltage at the alternator. I assume whe you refer to "dynamo" you mean the alternator. E875-1 is a general Event related to the machine electrical system. When the Event activates it indicates that the voltage in the system has already been less than 18 VDC for more than 60 seconds. The event will cancel if the system voltage exceeds 20 VDC for more than 2 seconds. E1379-2 is a specific Event related to electrical power supply for the the Machine Electronic Control Module (ECM). If it is Active it indicates that the supply voltage to the ECM has been less than 18 VDC for more than 2 seconds. Like the E875 Event it will cancel if the system voltage exceeds 20 VDC for more than 2 seconds. Even 20 VDC is far too low for reliable operation of your machine. The electrical system is a "nominal" 24 VDC system, which normally means that in operation the alternator will be generating at a voltage somewhere in the range of 26-28 VDC.

  6. #6HarleyHappy2025-03-14 21:16

    A month old, a week old, a day old, it doesn’t matter if your charging system doesn’t work. Everybody always says batteries are new but that doesn’t mean much anymore, especially when an ECM and a BCM and everything else. Load test the batteries.