Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat MT55 Owners – how many hours you got

Canuck Digger ยท 2013-12-30 00:55

I have an 05 MT55. It's been a good machine. Other than one of the drive motors going at about 600 hours, it's been pretty much bullet proof. I have just over 1200 hours on the machine now and am at a bit of cross roads. One of the cylinders needs to be re-built, no big deal. The UC is getting pretty beat up and is in need of replacing. That part isn't cheap. I'm wondering what the life expectancy would be on this size (small HP) machine assuming it's been maintained. Is it realistic to get 2,500+ hours out of something like this? I only put 120 hours a year or so on the machine is it's tough to justify big expenditures. Thanks

Replies4
  1. #1DJK2014-01-01 21:39

    400 bucks for good tracks, 300$ for new bushings and seals, and a day to do it and that machine will last even longer..completely worth it.. There handy little machines and if you get rid of it you will most likely regret it. My 2 cents, Thanks derek.

  2. #2Canuck Digger2014-01-02 14:34

    Sure would regret getting rid of it. They're a great little helper. The tracks are a non issue, on my 3rd set now. I thought I'd have to replace the bottom rollers sprockets, idlers etc. From what I understand that's close to 3K with all the new parts. If it's a matter of just doing the above, doesn't sound too bad.

  3. #3Bill Smith2014-02-03 07:36

    If your Bobcat MT55 has a Kubota diesel engine which i am sure it does 2500 hrs is nothing . Sounds to me your machine is getting beat up by operator use . We used to rent lots of small excavating equipment and buy and sell as well .One unit comes to mind was a kubota KX41-2 MINI EX track machine about 15 to 20 years old 6000 plus hrs and still running . Dry pavment is not a friend of track machines or drive motors .We find that Bobcat Kubota and all the other major brands have long life spans . Don't be to quick to unload this unit , It will run longer than you think

  4. #4Wburke20102014-07-08 23:30

    My family owns a rental business and the last mt55 I had we sold at 2000 hours. Still a good tractor just time to get a new more for us. We now use ditch witch sk650's, but that bobcat should keep running for you a long time if that's all the hours you out on it. Walter