Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat question

Ratherbfishin ยท 2015-02-21 17:29

Stumbled upon this forum...looks pretty cool! Looking forward to checking it out... Here's my question... I have a 2000 bobcat 763 used pretty much just for snow removal. She only has 400 hrs. It is garage kept, well maintained,with oil changed and greased way more than required. Hydro oil has been done, fuel filter,etc. My question is ...is there anything else I should do to this machine. I realize maintenance is on a hr. Basis but given the age, I was wondering if there are things that should be done! Thanks in advance!

Replies4
  1. #1mudober2015-02-21 18:06

    Most people don't ever lube the seat linkage or doors. I like to keep them in good working order by spraying wd-40 on them.

  2. #2Todd v.2015-02-21 20:10

    Put some hours on it! Make sure nothing is rusting, most things used exclusively for snow removal get put away salty which is hard on the metal. I'd also make sure there's now water in the chaincase. Park the machine on a downhill and drain a bit of fluid from the drain at the bottom in front. If there's no water and the fluid is not milky reinstall the plug.

  3. #3Ratherbfishin2015-02-21 20:21

    Lol...ya, my old body can only stand so many hrs of abuse in it! Works great for what it is. Some of the bigger lots I plow justify a larger loader to move the huge piles. The bobcat is too small for some lots. Machine does get washed throughly after use and garage stored. It is in grat cond.with only a couple small paint scuffs. Good advice on the chain case...I will check it out!

  4. #4crewchief8882015-02-22 10:11

    inspect the belts check the drive belt tensioner check the fan drive tensioner pulley and arm :drinkup