How do I stop the crankcase breather from freezing on my 267b. It is causing white smoke and oil to blow out of the exhaust.
Is your thermostat working right and engine coming up to operating temp?
It's the breaster tube. Thermo works fine. It blew oil out of the exhaust
I've always assumed they freeze up before the engine warms up. Obviously you need to set the engine for more blow by, or less blow by? Maybe an insulating hose (scrap rubber hose of any sort) clamped over the outside of the vertical tube?
Only reason I can think of is the engine running cold, what is the temp of the engine? Check above and below the thermo housing with infrared and if they are the same chances are good it is stuck open.
This is a recognised problem on some models and there's a documented fix. Post your serial number and I'll let you know if the fix applies to your machine and how to do it.