My issue is that I have a bobcat combo bucket and that opens if you toggle the thumb to the right and closes with thumb to the left. My Faver grapple works the exact opposite and sometimes it messes me up. I would like them both to be the same. Is this something where I can detach the hoses from the grapple and swap them? Would that change the way the grapple opens and closes? Thanks.
You should just be able to swap the connectors on the end of the grapple hoses.
That is what I was hoping for. Perfect. Thanks.
One quick question before I swap the hoses. Is there an industry standard for the direction. In other words, is it mostly that toggling the thumb control to the right closes or opens? Or do different manufacturers do it differently? The bobcat branded combo bucket has it where thumb to the right opens the bucket and the Faver grapple is thumb to the right closes the grapple. I want to switch one. Is there one that is the standard? Thanks.
I don't think there is a industry standard. I believe as far as the aux connectors on the machine, bobcat has them switched from many other brand machines. So the same attachment would work differently on different machines. Generic attachments may need the hose ends swapped, depending on how it was setup and the machine it's connected too. For things like snowplows, it makes sense for right to swing the plow right & left is left. For a grapple bucket, I'd say it's up to you and what you like or are used too.
ok, great. Thankfully, the plow controls work as you described. I'll swap the combo bucket hoses. This way "right is tight" will work as a reminder when in the cab. Thanks again.
Typically anything that opened and closed would be set up so moving the control button out away from center would open, and moving it in toward center would close it, so it would depend on which joystick the control was.
So I just picked up a rock grapple this last weekend. Hooked it up and of course the hoses were backward. Moving the aux button away from me (to the right) closes the grapple. Moving it toward me (to the left) opens the grapple. This 'feels' completely wrong to me for some reason, I just 'want' it to work the opposite. So I'll switch the hoses later today.
If you have the keypad start (deluxe panel), I think you can change them in the program in the setup options. If not, yea, just swap the connectors on the implement hoses. I did that for my auger so I can use the trigger to start it turning to the right and don't have to hold the paddle over the whole time while drilling.
Yes I have the deluxe panel. I'll look for it. That's a cool tip to know just in case. If I did that though, my snowplow would swing the wrong way, so I'll just switch the line on grapple.