I have a s-185 that starts but will not move because when the lap bar is lowered its not getting a confirmation on the control pad. From a little bit of research I see it has a magnetic switch but is there a way to test the switch. If I were going to try test the wires with a meter when and where should I be seeing power at the switch. Is there any way to bypass the lap bar? not as a fix but as a way to trouble shoot and say yes it is a problem with the lap bar switch itself. Thanks
It should have power on one side of switch unless if it is some Pulse Width Modulated switch. Don't know for sure. Test for power on one side,and if it is there, it should be on the other side with the arm down. I am not there, but that is what I would try first. Have you checked all the fuses. Simon C
There should be covers on the pivot point on each side. Under one of the covers is a micro-switch and you can usually reach up with your hand and manually click it. Make sure engine is off first, you should be able to hear it.