It started fine and all seamed normal when I shut it off but now when I push the run button it powers up for about a second then blank again, there is a code 34-04 but I can't find it in my service manual. Any one know what this code is?
34-04 is deluxe panel error, the push button keypad console is the deluxe panel. It could be the deluxe panel has gone poof, could also be it's losing power. Does the panel and gauges on the left side go blank as well?
Yes everything even the ac blower motor.
I'd start by pulling both left and right panels and checking the power wires. I don't have the diagrams for an S250 but they should be red, red/white, or red/orange wires. Make sure those wires have power and that they stay powered up when you push the buttons on your keypad to start/run machine.
Ok thanks will look at it tomorrow and report back.
Mine does that every once in a while. Usually fixes itself eventually but holding the run button down fixes it too. I think it is a bad connection I haven't been able to track down.
Ya my favorite problems to diagnose ... intermittent, starts fine today. There has been a lot of heavy rain lately maybe getting damp.
I also have an intermittent door alarm issue which I am sure is in the left panel and is moisture related. If I pause a bit after hitting enter it usually avoids the dead screen problem.
We had an intermittent door issue with one here, when it happens unplug the door connector and see if it goes away, if so clean or replace you latch sensor.
Did all that. It does it without the door on too. Leaving the headlights on to warm up the left side panel clears it up. Also unplugging the 2 wire connection into the panel disables the door alarm. Moisture has found its way into the panel. Leaving the lights on for a while gets condensation on the inside of the display. If it gets worse I might try drilling a drain hole in the bottom of it. Worse that can happen is I buy a new panel.
so far all is normal so I will have to wait for the next failure.
So still intermittent checked the contacts and grounds to day them had it randomly shutdown and not restart.... not acceptable so I bit the bullet, will be about $1500 after shipping and taxes, Shure hope it works.
Put the new panel in today and it started fine a dozen or so times, the real test will be tomorrow when it has paying work .
All seems well thanks for the codes Willie 59.:beerchug
I hope that took care of the problem, fingers crossed on my end. :drinkup
It only hurt while I wrote the check lol.