Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

a300 aux hydraulics stuck on

chavezequip · 2016-08-01 00:05

hey guys long time lurker new member. ive got a bobcat a300 I just replced the engine in, old one was run without air cleaner:Banghead. any way got the engine installed fired it up and the auger constantly spins, I cannot get it to shut off. if I remove the lines the machine will not even start. is this common, I am pretty sure I have a valve or solenoid stuck but not sure how to diagnose. any help would be appreciated. I am a heavy equipment mechanic by trade and this is for s friend, but never messed with skid steers.

Replies5
  1. #1lantraxco2016-08-01 00:29

    As a guess, either a stuck valve or something got plumbed up wrong during the engine swap if any hoses were disconnected. As a short term bandaid, get a short jumper hose to connect between the two quick couplers to allow the oil to flow so you can at least run the engine without a twirling auger hanging about.

  2. #2chavezequip2016-08-01 00:37

    I did make a jumper hose so they could use it to feed, its on a large cattle ranch, and no hoses were disconnected during engine swap. everything was surprisingly easy to get to for a skid steer, all from rear of machine.

  3. #3CRAFT2016-08-01 00:41

    Welcome to HEF chavezequip ……. Depending on your model year but not knowing which machine series you might make it harder to make suggestions …. Mine is an '07 K series ….. and it is a fully factory loaded machine c/w High-flow aux hyd's …….. On the main Valve body (where all of the spools are located) right hand side of the machine more or less in the centre of the front and rear axles ….. If I was to take a look it would be the spool that is switched on by the right hand joy-stick trigger button …. sounds like the spool is stuck open , the motor replacement should have had nothing to do with the current problem …. for a simple check look for a cracked or melted Solenoid …. I just had a solenoid short out that turned on the machines Hyd flow … It was cheaper to buy the complete solenoid/plunger/cap-nut Kit than to buy the coil and plunger separately ….. The cabs are a piece of cake to lift easy access to the hyd's, as you may have found out already ….. Let us know how you make out !!! …. Cheers !!!

  4. #4chavezequip2016-08-01 00:45

    Thanks for the info guys, I will be back out in a couple days and will let you know.

  5. #5chavezequip2016-08-10 02:22

    Sorry for the delay,found one of the spool valves stuck, replaced it and everything is back to normal