Has anyone bought one or tried one out? I sat in one for a few minutes and ran it for a couple of minutes in the dealers yard. Anyone have any opinions good or bad?
I went and had a look at one the other day at our dealership. Looked the goods...Is a real good sized machine with a very wide mud bucket, Boom looks gutsy. they use Yanmar Engines. I'm a bit reluctant as the salesman said it's a doosan painted in bobcat colours. I also had a look at the E35 and the E60 and first glimpse i seen the Track drive coverplates didn't have BOBCAT written on them...instantly thought doosan.
sounds biased but prefer something with a bit more reputation. Would much rather go and Buy a VOLVO 8 tonner.
Here in the UK larger Doosan excavators have a good repuation mainly due to the reliability and performance of the machines which are high spec at a lower cost compared to competitors and they also usually have shorter delivery times. Some of the older mini's are a little basic but the new models should carry over the features and designs from the larger product range. The only way to know if it is right for you is to have a play and see how you feel about the machine!!
What's wrong with Doosan?
excuse my ignorance...As far as i kno Doosan have only just made an appearance in Australia and haven't really had time to build a reputation yet. I'm not one eyed..Just something makes me believe they are cheap for a reason. Not a doosan hater...just my thoughts.
doosan(daewoo) has been around in australia a long time nothing cheap about them seem to be very hi spec actually. would look at buying one before any of the other big names in the 12+ ton range but would be a split decision between them and takeuchi on the smaller stuff
I checked out a used Doosan DX255LC in 2007. I thought long and hard about buying it and then the seller decided to keep it. I really didn't know what to expect before looking at it, but I was very impressed with the machine. Smooth, fast with good power. The cabin is modern and comfortable. With 6,000 hrs on the machine, the only unscheduled repairs that were made were replacing the track tensioner springs (so I was told). Parts and filters were 20% less than for CAT or Komatsu and from what I was told, fuel consumption is lower. IMO, Doosan makes a nice excavator. If their small stuff is built anything like their full sized machines, they're definitely worth considering.
^^I reckon the new range of compact machines are as good as the bigger ones but not sure as to what machines are available in the US so whether they are available to the OP!! - like here in the UK some of the compact machines are still the old range and probably not as good as other manufacturers^^