Does anyone know how much slack should be in a rubber track on a mini ex. I have a Bobcat 334 with pretty new tracks and im concerned that they are too lloose. Anyone know how to tighten them?
I am not sure what the tension on your machine should be. I believe new tracks will stretch and will need to be tensioned often, until they break in. Anyways, there should be a hole in the center of the under carriage. It may be covered with a plate. In the hole there will be a grease fitting. To tension you fill the ram with grease. The fitting may be stuck so you may need to clean the fitting.
We have a 2004 Bobcat 334. To tighten the tracks remove the steel plate closest to the final drive (sprocket) you will see a grease fitting, pump grease in it with the track raised off the ground until there is about 3/4 of an inch inbetween the track and the center roller. Hope this helps.
I made a picture hope you understand it. I think if i remember right in the manual track tension should be about 1/2 to 1" of slack.
Thanks for the help! i will do that tomorrow. How do you like your 334. Mines pretty impressive, they have so much power they will tear themselves apart. They just arent that great if you have a lot of digging to do, but thats nothing against the machine in general. They certainly will take more abuse than i would have guessed
on my bobcat 331 it says 9/16 between the track and the roller
Got it done, it was no big deal. Took about 10 minutes. I appreciate all the comments and advise!!!