Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat s150 backing plate

Gwilkrrs · 2022-06-04 18:44

So my backing plate cracked and broke the handle spring. My fault, I have been prying stumps and poking stumps with a poker to get the dirt out of them so a lot of tension it doesn’t use- how easy is it to take off the plate? My friend thinks he can weld it so I am taking it off to take to him and have never done it before

Replies2
  1. #1Gwilkrrs2022-06-05 17:29

    Well I got it off relatively easily. I need to price a new one- mine is freaked on the side that isn’t cracked also where besides the dealer?

  2. #2Bloody Knuckles2022-06-06 08:57

    Here's one source. https://stores.allskidsteers.com/bobtach-assembly-for-bobcat-g-series-replaces-oem-7143508/ Bobcat show's out of stock. I had to put pins, bushings and a weld in housing on S185 a while back and was looking at replacing the bob-tach but after looking at them I decided to repair mine.