Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Stiff and sticking right side drive lever

Welder Dave ยท 2022-06-03 17:54

I have a 1994 Thomas T133. I used it yesterday and the right side steering lever was stiff and even stuck a few times trying to push it forward. It has dampers on the linkage that look like double ended shock absorbers. I'm thinking the damper went bad but if not is there something in the hydro pump that would cause the lever to be extra stiff and get stuck?

Replies1
  1. #1Welder Dave2022-06-04 22:02

    I think it might have just needed some lubing of the linkages. Years ago when I bought it new the mechanic suggested not applying a lot of greasy lube to the linkages all the time because it would just attract dirt and wear things out faster. There was 1 pivot bar with a grease fitting so I gave that a couple shots in addition to applying some penetrant/lube on the other pivot points. It appeared to be fixed but I'll know better when I put it to work on a bigger project.