Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat s150 kubota. Idling high.

Txhayseed · 2020-06-10 14:23

Hello guys. Got a bobcat s150 with the Kubota with the v2403. I just rebuilt the motor and got in reinstalled. Had to have in bored over size due to cylinder wall damage. Im idling high. Around 1500 rpms. Touching the set screw. Does anyone have a service manual or know how to adjust the idle speed ? I reused the same shim thickness that i removed on tear down to reinstall the injection pump. Info on the tier 4 v2403 is hard to find. Any info or experience is appreciated

Replies4
  1. #1thepumpguysc2020-06-10 17:01

    Cant u turn the screw out to adjust the low idle.??

  2. #2Txhayseed2020-06-10 21:56

    I can yes. Im assuming that since i had it completely tore down i could have introduced minor changes in the timing and alignment of the timing marks on the gear train. The only manual i can find is for a non bobcat applications. The timing window for the bobcat is different since bobcat utilizes there own bell housing and flywheel ?? I can defiantly cut the factory wire out and change the screw but im kinda perplexed on what i could have changed to account for the rpm increase at idle. My max rpm with the throttle wide open is almost spot on with engine removal. So if someone can correct me if im wrong changing the pump timing would only affect my full throttle rpm and not my idle speed ??

  3. #3thepumpguysc2020-06-11 02:56

    What parts were changed & why.?? I wouldn’t worry 1 bit about it as long as u don’t have to back the screw out to the last thread, if u know what I mean.. A 1/2 to 1 turn is expected after an engine “re-fresh”.. Don’t get to hung up on the timing if u checked it already.. Did u move the max fueling screw.? Does this engine have an electric shut off solenoid screwed into the side of the pump mount.? If yes, unscrew it a few turns to see if that’s interfering.. But like I said, it’s expected.. If u changed a major component, a head, block, cam... then u would have to reset the timing.. If u had the gears out of place, it would be extremely hard to start & run like crap.. if it started at all.

  4. #4Cory Driedger2022-02-01 10:34

    Hi guys, just wondering if you or anyone you know has experience deleting the dpf,EGR, and CCV on these engines.