Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat S175– error code 05-22 Hydraulic Charge pressure Low

motochris ยท 2012-09-10 20:23

So as posted in another thread... I just picked up a Bobcat S175. It's got a warning light on and giving me a 05-22 error code, saying Hydraulic Charge Pressure is low. The machine works well.... no issues with anything I've used it for. If it does indeed have low pressure... if everything is working fine, am I going to hurt anything to continue using it? Searching around the internet for info, I found I should remove the sender and check the actual pressure to figure out if I have an issue or just a bad sender or wiring issue. ... what type of gauge do I use? I plan to order service manuals this week... so hopefully I'll be able to answer my own questions soon.

Replies7
  1. #1mikebramel2012-09-11 10:57

    http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_357857_357857

  2. #2motochris2012-09-11 12:06

    Ahhh.. just a simple pressure gauge. Cool. Just gotta see if I need to come up with an adaptor to fit the sender threads. Thanks! On the pressure note... I'm fairly certain this thing is good on pressure and the issue is a wiring or sender problem. There has been zero problems functionwise with it. It'll lift pallets of shingles to roof height with no issues... leading me to believe it has plenty of pressure. Still gonna double check though.

  3. #3crewchief8882012-09-17 17:57

    that should be 1/8" pipe. if the sender is wet with oil where the harness plugs in the sender is bad. :drinkup

  4. #4murat2020-08-12 14:43

    where to check charging pressure

  5. #5crewchief8882020-08-12 16:13

    remove the charge pressure sender, and connect the gauge to the port, or you can get fancy and connect the guage to a T fitting

  6. #6murat2020-08-13 04:56

    charge pressure can measure how many bars you need to have

  7. #7murat2020-08-13 04:59