What is the good and bad on it? I am looking at one to put some steel Ott tracks on to us in the poultry houses and to run a 5' brush cutter. I was originally looking for a track machine but y'all have convinced me that the maintence cost Is too high. I just hope that I will not loose that much traction with a wheel machine with Ott tracks. It will be pushing litter in the poultry houses. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
S185 are good machines. If you are buying used I would say just look more for wear, really not many problems outside or wear. Bobtach pins and bushing and how tight is the steering. If it has any hydraulic leaks, control vavle very likely neededs to be resealed. If it spent it's life on concrete, check axle bearings for play. Before buying anything, have a dealer inspected so you know what you are getting. If buying new, the new m series are finally here. I think the 550 replaces the s185. If you need to get into low buildings, new 550's are taller then 185's. Also 185's have soem pretty good rebates on them now to move them out.
It is used from a dealer. It only has 750 hours on it. Was used in a landscaping business. Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
you cannot go wrong with an s185; as long as your not looking for a cadillac. i would compare it to a honda or toyota.
Not a bad machine, but not near the rig of our 773G. Both the machines were purchased new and the 773G has been a beast compared to the S185. However, since you can no longer purchase a new or low hour 773G, kind of a mute point. But in comparing the two, the S185 is light in the front compared to the 773. Had to fit front axle counterweights to control rear tipping when machine was uphill and arms raised. And I'm not one bit happy about the EGR, causes the engine to puff smoke and nasty exhaust residue inside intake manifold. But again, a mute point, given the engine Tier emissions we have now, not much we can do about the stupid stuff we have to do to engines now days. The hyd driven temperature controlled cooling fan is nice, doesn't eat engine HP (fuel consumption) when engine doesn't need fan. Still a solid enough machine to do work.