Hello all. Racking my brain here once again so thanks in advance for any help. Problem is I appear to have pressure on both my aux lines. I only use aux for my back hoe attachment (Small single cylinder attachment). Problem is no matter which way I push my rocker switch left or right it sends pressure to both lines. I removed both hoses at cylinder and cycled to confirm. pull lap bar down, turn key, press aux button, flip rocker both ways and I hear my solenoid/stems working. Today I pulled my aux spool it was sticking. Polished cleaned well made sure was moving freely with ease. Assembled and now same problem. The last time I used the hoe seemed slow one way. 1. Is it possible my coils are weak not strong enough to function stems? 2. Is it possible the potentiometer switch is bad even though it’s cycling the coils. Apologies for the long post just trying to be thorough. Thanks again. bobcat S185 standard flow standard bobcat controls and forward aux hydros
First thing check if your alternator working, it may seem unrelated but I had bad alternator not powering up coils numerous times! Especially when electric over hydraulic controls are involved.
Thanks will check that out as well. I feel alternator is charging fine as battery stays strong and restarts easily. I will confirm though. I also have no codes showing. I did remove the stems and clean them as well.
Had one coil that Ohmed out OK, but was weak, and had intermittent failures to pull the plunger. Take the stem out and connect the coil straight to battery, see if it have enough energy to move that plunger vigorously. When all of your electrical components checks out then move on to hydraulic side, see if something crossing over.
I have removed both stems and installed the coils on top of them to verify they are working. They are activating but I wouldn’t say vigorously. I’m certain they are doing something because when I press left on switch the lines move from pressure and when I press right I have the same results. Electrical seems fine.
Did you confirm that you have PRESSURE on both sides, like with pressure gauge, or you see flow coming out of both fittings? If flow coming out out of both it might be just back flow from return filter finding pass if least resistance, and not pressure.
Did you have manual one way/two way selector valve for aux. on your machine?
I have not used gauges yet. I will try to find something locally to keep from waiting on mail. I would like to verify the numbers as well. It sure seemed like pressure but I was wondering if it was possible to flow out both lines if they where both open. My workers keep pointing at the attachment but with the cylinder not leaking or seized I just can’t see that being a possibility. A cylinder is too simple- pressure one side to move the ram pressure other side to move other direction. No leaks, cylinder moves freely. my machine has about 2100 hours lift,tilt and drive is fine.
Is it not moving at all or just weak?
I apologize I don’t follow you. Machine is all manual controls with only aux using solenoids/valves to actuate spool for my aux circuit.
Open center system will show flow on both ends created by return piping and filter resistance to flow. When you move DCV spool it opens one side to pump flow, the other to return network
I can curl the bucket it’s slow though. Also I can help open it by dragging teeth on the ground while backing up and pushing my rocker switch at same time. I hope that makes sense and appreciate your help. Theory was maybe some trapped air and if I worked it may start functioning. No luck though.
Yes, but there’s attachments which use single action cylinders, and there’s ones with double action or motors which needs two way flow. But if you see flow from both then you’re in the right mode.
Yes also has continuous flow for mowers, tillers and things like that. I cycled the trigger button a few times as well to verify I’m in the right mode. Have had this attachment several years. I feel mine has only 2 modes I could be wrong though.
Is you problem only with attachment? Is lift and tilt works good?
Do you have max and variable flow switch on your machine?
I do but I have never noticed a change with that function. Which one should I use it on?
Try max flow. If something screwed up in variable it may not give you enough flow to operate the attachment.
Another thing, pressure release spool on quick connect block may get stuck in open position.
BTW if your cylinder is bypassing internally it should get hot. Just FYI.
Any ideas on checking the pressure release spool. Is it located behind the couplers?
I may break the cylinder down tomorrow boy that would be embarrassing if my loader is working properly and the cylinder is in fact bypassing inside. I honestly never thought of that.
I’m not really positive, I don’t work on Bobcats much because I pretty much hate them. I think on some models there’s button on control panel. Let’s see if Bobcat people can help you in the morning.
Like I said - you don’t have to take cylinder apart, just tell someone to ty and operate it while you feel if it’s heating up, or use IR thermometer to se if temperature rises.
Alright TVA appreciate all your help. My cylinder was bypassing internally. Unbelievable prime example of jumping the gun. Glad to have it going appreciate your help.
No problem, any time!