Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat S220 purchase pricing

Copenhagen ยท 2008-02-12 14:05

I have found an S220 at the local dealer here that I am really thinking about purchasing. The machine has 2900 hrs, was serviced at the regular intervals by the dealer and they have the paperwork to back it up, it has every option under the sun including: Bobtach quick attach Inverted wheels for 68" width foam filled tires fully enclosed cab A/C, heat, radio, sound deadening - all of the creature comforts Optional counterweight They want ~31 grand for the machine, the 68" bucket, a 100" snow bucket and the state and local taxes. What is your opinion?

Replies3
  1. #1KSSS2008-02-12 15:36

    That is way too much. That is an 18K skid steer in great condition at best. http://www.machinerytrader.com/list...6246840&GUID=19B863645F9948949FCD89135E6A4B3D http://www.machinerytrader.com/list...6115990&GUID=19B863645F9948949FCD89135E6A4B3D As you can see that would be huge mistake at that money. I am no Bobcat fan but the 220 is a close as BC comes to building a skid steer in my opinion. Here is my personal favorite: http://www.machinerytrader.com/list...6248716&GUID=19B863645F9948949FCD89135E6A4B3D http://www.machinerytrader.com/list...5616142&GUID=19B863645F9948949FCD89135E6A4B3D Either way the Dealer selling that machine should be jail for trying to sell a used BC with almost 3K hours for 30K. Crazy

  2. #2BAREIN2008-02-12 16:07

    LIke said above that is a rip off! If you want a BC wait until they have a good deal on financing and buy new, you will be waaaay cheaper in the long run, IF you want to buy used I would look for somthing with low hours. IMHO I would never buy a machine with that many hours unless it was under 12k and I was just using it as a weekend warrior. There are to many low hour machines out there.

  3. #3CascadeScaper2008-02-12 17:34

    A new unit can be had for about $39K, $31K for a machine with 2900 hours is absolutely obscene. A skid is worn out at that point, IMO.