Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat s250 cab heater???

UpNorth Mini Excavating · 2022-02-01 03:10

Hey everyone, I have a bobcat s250 and looking for a good aftermarket heater for cab heat. Also looking to see best place for mounting the heater. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks

Replies6
  1. #1Tinkerer2022-02-01 09:18

    Have you considered a used OEM Bobcat heater ? There should be some available in salvage yards. The same heater may fit multiple models of skid-steers. An email or phone call would do wonders for finding one. Here is link to one of many salvage yards.

  2. #2Bumpsteer2022-02-01 12:37

    I'm with Tinkerer on this one. Aftermarket heaters in a skid are a pita..... never a good place to put one. The little electric ones are a waste of money, no way to direct the heat where you need it and they don't hold up to all the bouncing around. Ed

  3. #3Swannny2022-02-01 17:29

    Bobcat cabs are one of the worst layouts for aftermarket coolant heaters. I’ve installed dozens of them in other brands and find they do work very well, but agree with Ed - the electric ones are not that good. Since the cab tilts up so far on the S250 placing one in the tilt zone far away from the hinge point doesn’t work well. You could sneak a low profile heater in the body where the ECU/controller is on left front, though you’d have to raise or lower the mounting position of the controller. Getting hoses to it is another challenge. One of these days I’ll have to spend the time to come up with a good solution for a cheap aftermarket heater install for the bobcat. Most of the times I only spend around $200 materials and 4 hrs labor on the install for other machines.

  4. #4UpNorth Mini Excavating2022-02-02 04:14

    Thank you everyone for all the advice. I will call today and see if I can't find a used one. A new factory one is quite expensive. Aftermarket is so hard to find a place to mount.

  5. #5Txhayseed2022-02-07 21:43

    I have a after market unit I got from summit racing. Mounted it above rear window on the cab..already holes there. Ran two heater hoses back to engine with t's. Works great usually have to turn it off. I wouldn't mess with factory unit. Its a lot of mess to install. You can get more heat and less hassle out of any aftermarket unit. There are so many styles on the market installation options are limitless

  6. #6UpNorth Mini Excavating2022-02-08 03:24

    Could you show me a picture? Which one did you purchase from summit racing? Thanks