Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

CAT 299D2 Hydraulic Fluid Drain

Awnry Abe ยท 2022-01-31 20:22

I overfilled Transmission fluid. I am going to attempt some sort of siphon to get it back into the green. If that doesn't work...where on earth is the drain? My manual shows instructions for a wheeled machine. Also...On the foolish/wise scale, how foolish would it be to plug an open hydraulic line into one of the front work ports and hitting it quickly a few times? I know from pinching hoses on my grapple, that busted hoses are an effective way of draining the sump. Just don't know if doing so intentionally is all that smart.

Replies2
  1. #1Cmark2022-01-31 20:40

    Tracks or wheels, it should be the same. Also I've got no problem with your alternative method if you can handle the mess.

  2. #2Nige2022-02-01 03:53

    A lot of the Compact Equipment line share the same manual so you most likely have the correct one. As CM says, tracks or wheels the procedure for draining the hydraulic tank should be the same. If you want to check that your manual is applicable post the machine Serial Number and the Publication Reference on the front cover of the manual. It ought to be something like SEBUxxxx.