Working on a friend's bobcat doing a variety of repairs and trying to fix some of the leaks. One of which is the main seal on the hydrostatic pump drive. I've looked at the repair manual and looked at the machine and it looks like I can do this with the pump/engine assembly still in the machine. Has anybody else done this before? The manual shows the pumps/engine assembly removed and I'm not about to tackle that project in a small garage with just a little engine hoist lol.
Are you referring to the main input shaft seal? Or one of the control shaft seals?
Definitely from the main input shaft. There's also a chance that the control shaft for the right side is leaking also. Merry Christmas Willie!
if the machine has the large access covers it's possible to get to the seal. the drive belt has to be removed, the pully has a couple threaded holes for pusher bolts to remove the pulley. the pulley is friggin heavy, watch your fingers ! with a shaft seal leak theres usually another problem, like a bad shaft bearing :drinkup we usually pull the engine and pumps...