Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat S250 rollover

EZ-Man86 ยท 2023-08-18 11:15

Hey all.. New here and looking for a little info.. Feel free to point out if it is somewhere else already. Pulled a stupid one yesterday... Rolling around in my s250 moving crates and what have you with forks and decided I needed a bucket to smooth out the ground before placing items there.. Dropped the forks and went to roll up a hill to grab my bucket.. made it almost up and then the front wheels spun.. bucked once, twice and right over backwards on the roof.. Thankfully I didn't have my seatbelt on so my head broke my fall on the ceiling. Other than a soar neck and back and bruised ego I am fine.. Got the 250 flipped back over. Wondering if someone could give me a list of steps before startup? I imagine pull glow plugs and turn over by hand? drain all fluids and refill? it was upside down for prob 30 min.. Amazingly only broke one piece of glass but rearranged the cab a bit.. Yes I know it was stupid to roll up a hill going forward with no implement.. but thanks for making sure. EZ

Replies17
  1. #1phil3142023-08-18 11:49

    Almost did the exact same thing in my 1845c once. Main thing is to make sure the enigne isn't hydrolocked. So pull the glowplugs and make sure it turns by hand. Then check all the fluid levels in everything and top off what is needed. Here's a video covering some of the things after a roll over.

  2. #2IceHole2023-08-18 13:23

    I almost did the same with my S250 a couple weeks ago. I had it parked a few weeks back without an attachment. Went to move it in a hurry to get my forklift to stuff it was blocking. Forgot there's a drop off where I backed up to turn around and hit the forward as the back went down. Front came up and I think a big rock that hit the back of the machine is what stopped it. It shoveled a bunch of dirt and sod into the back of the machine and engine bay. Have 3000+ hrs of seat time on this machine, so yeah... can happen to anyone!

  3. #3EZ-Man862023-08-18 13:39

    Thanks friend, Ill dig in to that one EZ

  4. #4EZ-Man862023-08-18 13:41

    Thanks man, yeah it happened fast.. Thankfully I have a hard head.. laying low for the day though.. EZ

  5. #5EZ-Man862023-08-18 14:33

    For giggles EZ

  6. #6IceHole2023-08-18 22:19

    It crush the cab?

  7. #7EZ-Man862023-08-19 07:10

    It rearranged it a little.. I think it is salvageable. I'll take a couple more pictures today. EZ

  8. #8EZ-Man862024-01-16 16:06

    So I have been running my s250 with no issues, except for the fact that the cab is a lil low in the front now.. Kinda annoying whin lifting stuff high with forks and trying to crane your neck to see. Wondering if anyone knows where to find a cab? or if a s185 cab is the same size? Thanks a bunch EZ

  9. #91693TA2024-01-16 16:21

    Damn near did that unloading my 1845C with forks backing down the trailer ramps when first purchased. Now knowing it isn't balanced very well for that at all, hasn't happened again. It did roll back onto the low mounted counterweights allowing me an extended timeframe unobstructed view of the clouds however. I chained a come along to the spill guard of the forks and winched it back down onto it's wheels and have used better sense since then.

  10. #10EZ-Man862024-01-16 16:25

    LMAO yeah it happens quick EZ

  11. #111693TA2024-01-16 16:33

    I know the local Bobcat dealer very well here and will run by there asking about an enclosure. This is outside of Peoria, IL.

  12. #12EZ-Man862024-01-16 16:53

    I greatly appreciate that! EZ

  13. #13crane operator2024-01-16 17:08

    Machinerytrader has a "dismantled machines" section. You can put in S250 and there's a few come up. There may be other ones that fit also. https://www.machinerytrader.com/listings/dismantled-machines/bobcat/s250/construction-equipment

  14. #14thendrix2024-01-17 18:32

    Almost tipped my 1845C the day I got it. Got it home and played a little then set the bucket off and was going back up the hill to get my grapple. I knew the front was a little light so I was taking it easy but the hill was steeper than I thought. Got the front wheels about a foot off the ground then pulled the levers back and it sat down. Mother in law gave me the finger point LOL!!

  15. #15Simon C2024-01-17 21:51

    Glad I read these actual accounts. Have a John Deere 332G that I once drove up my trailer beaver-tail ramp and it was so close to flipping. Will not go up forward without enough weight again. Thanks for the real life experience. Simon C

  16. #16Welder Dave2024-01-18 03:19

    You can usually tell the operators that don't have much experience. They drive the skid steer on the trailer forward. Even worse driving up the ramps without anything on the front to grab the other bucket. My skid steer will hit the back door which is angled and has a big pin to prevent the door from twisting. Some machines don't have much to stop them wheelying right over backwards. It's a little hairy having the front wheels come up but not as bad as tipping over forward loading a dump truck with wet clay. Love the seat bar!

  17. #17EZ-Man862024-01-25 06:55

    Word to the wise.. seat bar does absolutely nothing for you if you go over backwards.. well it gives you a pretty nice bruise on your forearms I find myself wearing the seatbelt a whole lot more these days. Found a cab off Vanderhagg! Should be here in a week. EZ