Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat s250 spiting fuel

trouble007 ยท 2010-02-08 17:42

in late September we had the motor pulled by the dealer to replace the seals on the pump as it was leaking. after we got it back we tried to fill it with fuel. as we will it it spits diesel back up the pipe and out onto the ground making a mess. we lifted the cab and checked the breather for the bleed tube and no other kinks were visible any ideas on how to stop this problem without pulling the motor again? Thanks Ryan

Replies4
  1. #1willie592010-02-08 19:45

    Wow, I don't know, never experienced this on a Bobcat. So, it never did this before the dealer removed the engine? Sounds like they got something out of sorts. I guess it's too long ago to have them resolve it. I hope you get it figured out, it's a bummer to have diesel soaked boots.

  2. #2trouble0072010-02-08 19:55

    ya the dealer prolly wouldnt fix it anyways there that kind of dealer o well i guess i will just have to deal with it or get under the cab and yank on some more cables and see what that results in thanks for looking. every single person that drive the skidsteer now tries there dammedest to make me fill it up and its becoming a bit of a pain. Thanks Ryan G

  3. #3willie592010-02-08 20:26

    LoL...yeah, the last time I was a "fuel pump attendant" was something like 34 years ago. Don't think I'd want to go back to that duty either. :Banghead :cool2

  4. #4trouble0072010-02-08 20:40

    I'm probably close to 30 years younger than you (no offense) so it sounds like I'm right in line with where I should be. That age asumption would be putting you at 45 which would make me 15. yes that's right. that's my real age