Forgive me if this is a stupid question. I have a 2002 John Deere 250 skid steer with standard auxillary hydraulics which I've never had occasion to use. I was given a Boss "V" 9' snowplow that needed work, and I'm considering adapting it to my skid steer. At first I thought of just welding it more or less solid, in a V configuration to a universal mounting plate and using it to open the road to my cabin in big snow events. Then I got to wondering if I could actually make it operate as it was designed to work with the two halfs of the blade operating independently, through the use of my skids auxillary hydraulics. Is this doable? If yes, what do I need between the hydraulic ports and the two blade cylinders to make it operate? Any advice or suggestions are appreciated. Thanks. Jerry
You will need to install a diverter valve on the auxillary lines to split the hydraulics between the 2 cylinders independently. You could control 1 cylinder with just the controls on the machine, then activate the diverter to run the other cylinder with the same controls. An electric diverter valve with a momentary button on the control lever will work fine. Valve and swich would run $300.00-400.00 plus hoses and fittings.