2004ish Bobcat S250. Green press to operate button is not working. Once in a while it was fussy and moving the foot pedals or travel arms a bit would work. Now nothing. All the lights come on when the key is turned, engine runs, just won't unlock. Ideas?
When you say green "press to operate" button is not working, are all 4 BICS lights just above the button lit up?
Just the seat bar light comes on. Usually push the green button and the others come on along with a "clunk". Pushing the button does nothing. The lights all come on as part of the lights/gauge test when key is turned on.
It could be the dash, wiring or the controller. Can't rule any out without proper diagnosis.
How to diagnose? If I knew which wire did what at the dash that might help. I checked the fuses and all were ok. Also checked the relays by swapping a known good one. The "traction" fuse and relay I'm assuming is for the BICS? Is the light a "feedback" circuit from the solenoid? Or just works off the button? Ie... Push button, BICS solenoid operates, light comes on all is well. Push button, solenoid is not working, no light, can't use machine.
Do any of the BICS lights blink, or do you hear beeps when you push the enable button?
No trouble codes/beeps. Just have the usual one beep and gauge cycle/light test when the key is turned on. Seat bar light works. Green button does nothing. I'm not sure if its a button issue, wiring or hydraulic issue. I have no problem troubleshooting, but I need to have an idea of where I should start! Haha! I'm not even sure where the "lockout" solenoid (solenoids?) is/are. Even if I had the $$ for Craig Taylor Equip. To work on it, I can even get it on my trailer. It's stuck in a horse pen with a bucket load of manure. Do the lights come on because of position of solenoid or just because it's signaled? I was thinking of jumping the traction relay to test that green button and its wiring but I can't find out If that's the correct one?
Panel is like this... http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem?sbk=1&nav=SEARCH&itemId=321190809934 What pins are the green switch?
Hi! It's an old post, but I have similar problem with my bobcat now. How did you sort the problem out? Thanks