http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sq1nZmdS5_8 i am not impressed. my expectations were much higher.
I operated one and agree. Nasty step in the cab for starters.
I agree, it's not made by Tak, I'm pretty sure the just rebadged either a Yanmar or a Terex, I can't remember which but someone will chime in I'm sure...
You sir are correct. It is a rebadged Terex. I have operated both the 60 and 80hp versions and they are average. The 60hp radial actually is decent, but the 60hp vertical has a very slow loader cycle. The 60hp machines are not that difficult to get into, but the large machines are ridiculous. They should just redesign the big ones...starting with the entrance and exposed tilt cylinder hoses. Tak could and should do much better.
Dave you also had high expectations for the new JCB machines, but I'm just not seeing it happen in my area, nor is my Bobcat buddy reporting any real bump in their national market share either. At least they look good at trade shows
TK in my view made a huge blunder. That machine looks like a red ribbon winner at some FFA fabrication contest. Its taken TK decades to build a strong reputation and they cheapen themselves with such an inferior product.
No question about it. They probably couldn't have done worse is they did it themselves on short notice.
Well, at least that video taught me the right way to pronounce "tak-e-uchi". I had been pronouncing it like heavy equipment gynecology.
can someone please explain to me which machines cat is actually still making? all of these? http://www.cat.com/en_US/products/new/equipment/skid-steer-loaders.html
also which machine is supposed to compare to a s205 bobcat. i have never been able to figure that out doesnt seem like they have one
as far as my high hopes for jcb... i think you will find they have a strong presence wherever there is a good dealer. jcb has a machine that can compete. terex does not. at first our local dealer had 20 new terex machines sitting there to sell, but now he doesn't keep any in stock. except for the tracked ones. if i was buying a new skid steer, it would probably be another j c b. although it would be interesting getting a new bobcat and cat in just to see how their eh compares.
I can't believe they didn't select better work conditions for a demo video!