Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Bobcat S300 with “aws/sjc lift actuator fault”, ideas?

90plow · 2015-01-26 20:22

I have a 2005 bobcat s300 with the two joysticks (no foot pedals). I keep getting a code that says "aws/sjc lift actuator fault". Not sure what the problem is and it seems to only happen when the machine has sat more than a few days and or it's really cold. If I move the bucket tilt a bunch of times I can get the arms to move almost like the warm hydraulic fluid is letting the valve that's stuck release. Sometimes the arms will move very very slowly up and Down and once the fluid is warm it moves normal speed. Any idea where to start???

Replies12
  1. #1willie592015-01-27 21:56

    I don't have any working experience with the SJC controls, not much I can do to help, hopefully one of the Bobcat wizards here can help.

  2. #2CRAFT2015-01-28 00:08

    90plow : are you sure it said "aws/sjc" and not "acs/sjc' …… go into the diagnostics and see what error codes come up ……. Shooting into the Dark … but I'm thinking your Lift actuator is on its way out …… I have replaced both of mine ….. it's just what happens with racked up hrs on a machine but it's easy to fix/replace … the motors just wear out no different than a wiper motor or heater motor in a car …… check for the codes …..

  3. #390plow2015-01-28 21:29

    Well thats good news. I have a picture it said aws/sjc. Any links to a diagram to show me where the actuators are?

  4. #4willie592015-01-28 22:22

    Code 38-13 is "AWS / SJC Lift Actuator Fault".

  5. #5CRAFT2015-01-29 02:36

    Under the cab (after its lifted and locked up) on the right hand side in the middle of the machine, pretty much on top … but there are 2 of these, both are identical just controlling 2 diff functions …… did you find the Fault Code ???

  6. #6CRAFT2015-01-29 02:39

    Willie : my question was a random one only ….. my shop manual c/w codes only says "38-13 Lift Actuator Fault" ……. of coarse in my world you know what I was thinking having an A-300 AWS …. LOL …...

  7. #790plow2015-01-30 22:50

    Yes it happened again today. Defiantely aws/sjc fault. So the actuators can be easily accessed and changed so it sounds like I just need to go buy them.

  8. #8willie592015-01-30 23:03

    What were you thinking? Yes, I can relate to that disconnect of mind and action. Just yesterday, told a customer that I had a bucket for an excavator that would work for him until I got his bucket fixed. This morning, I loaded a bucket on my truck, locked down the chains and binders, backed up, and realized "hey dummy, you loaded the wrong bucket!". Just damn.

  9. #9CRAFT2015-01-31 13:07

    "Doesn't IT REALLY SUCK" …To Be Getting Younger !!! …… LMFAO

  10. #10CRAFT2015-01-31 13:11

    This should Sum It Up … Willie !!!

  11. #11CRAFT2015-02-04 20:01

    90plow Here's Where to Look ???

  12. #1290plow2015-02-05 22:16

    Went to the dealer. Showed them the code and its the lift actuator. $750 later i was on my way!